Studies have proven that Infrared light brings wound healing and pain relief for scars, arthritis, fibromyalgia, sprains, headaches, diabetic ulcers, neuralgia, carpal tunnel, bursitis, sinusitis, tennis elbow, inflammation edema, skin care, and the list goes on and on. It is often administered to prevent scar tissue formation and lower inflammation.
Infrared Light Therapy is becoming a common treatment for pain relief utilized by Medical Doctors, Veterinarians, Equine Therapists, Chiropractors, Massage Therapists, and Physical Therapists.
Benefits of Infrared Therapy
Different types of light interact with our body differently. The most beneficial lights are those whose wavelength is near the red light. Infrared Therapy uses infrared light which is part of the Sun light spectrum whose wavelengths fall just below (what the word infra means) the visible red light.
Although the wavelengths are too long for the eyes to perceive, we can experience its energy as gentle, radiant heat, which can penetrate up to 3.5 inches beneath the skin. So Infrared Therapy is also a kind of light therapy and heat therapy that works to enhance health through following principles:
- Improve micro blood circulation by soothering blood vessels, which are biologically beneficial.
- Increase the delivery of oxygen and nutrients in the blood cell to the body’s soft tissue areas.
- Enhance white blood cell function, thereby increasing immune response and the elimination of foreign pathogens and cellular waste products.
- Remove accumulated toxins by improving lymph circulation which is often at the core of many health problems. The build up of toxins in a health body could block the normal blood circulation and impair the cellular energy. When FIR waves are applied, the water molecules that encapsulate the toxins get heat up, and start to vibrate. This vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms that are holding together the molecules of water. As the breakdown of the water molecules occurs, encapsulated gases and other toxic materials are released and the body gets rejuvenated.
- Promote regeneration and fast healing.
- Increase metabolism between blood and tissue.
- Stimulate the hypothalamus, which controls the production of neuro-chemicals involved in such biological processes as sleep, mood, pain sensations, and blood pressure.
- Infrared Therapy has also been shown to aid the process of weight loss, to promote the growth of new hair, to improve immune system and the overall health.
- Infrared therapy follows the holistic healing principle; It does not only treat a symptom, it enhances the whole body function, and the treatment of the symptom simply comes along naturally.